bottle trouble

My 18 month old daughter will drink from a sippy cup during the day but at naptime and bedtime she only wants a bottle. If I give her a sippy cup she SCREAMS! Any ideas on how I can make this transition easier on her and me?

BeckyO2001

Asked by BeckyO2001 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say to just get rid of them. Let her watch you throw them away, and take the trash outside, that way she knows they are gone. It will be hard, but better to do it now rather than later. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I agree...just get rid of the bottle. It's a habit, she doesn't need it. She can and does use a sippy, so there's no reason for her to even have the bottle. The habit is only going to be harder to break later.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I am having the same problem my 12 month old son will drink only juice out of a sippy cup with the straw but won't drink milk out of the cup and would just cry and not take the cup. I already threw half of the bottle out the rest are about to go out now and he is just going to cry eventually he will take the cup.
    JadenMommy023

Answer by JadenMommy023 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009