so tired! dnt understand.....

im 28 weeks pregnant ; it seems like im constantly tired ; it takes me a long time to fall asleep at night and when i get to sleep i toss and turn ; ill sleep in the morning for some but it takes forever for me to get out of bed ; when i get out of bed i just wanna lay back down ; my head feels so heavy along with my eyes ; it takes me alot to do simple things around my apartment ; i do them but afterwards i have to sit down ; sometimes its to the point where i feel light headed how tired i am ; like im gonna pass out ; so ill drink some juice and sit down to relax but it doesnt seem to do anything when i go to get up again ; i feel so lazy but it takes so much for me to do little things ; im not overweight or anything ; im carrying normal ; is this normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would have your iron level checked. In your 2nd trimester you generally feel better.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Ugh yes... I was a big lump of lazy for the majority of my pregnancy. I had vicious insomnia once I hit my second trimester and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was actually more productive and less tired taking care of a premature infant post c-section that during pregnancy. Those soaring hormone levels plus the added weight and calories consumed by baby cooking make for a great recipe for exhaustion soup. Don't stress it girl! You're in the home stretch! Enjoy being able to slack off for now because there won't be much of that once your little one arrives. By the way if you have a tough time falling asleep you can take benadryl to help
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009