Eating while Pregnant

I am six weeks pregnant. Typically I am a horrible eater in that I eat like once a day or snack a few times a day. Ever since I found out I was pregnant I am eating healthy meals and atleast 4-5 small meals a day. I am a little worried though because I am getting full so fast. Is this my stomach getting used to stretching? Should I keep stretching it? Or Am I overdoing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should eat a normal, healthy diet. The 4-5 small meals a day is perfect for a woman that is pregnant. Once you are full, however, you should stop. Baby will get plenty of nutrients.
    blg119

Answer by blg119 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I still have that problem and I am 22 weeks along. I get full so fast. I can never eat a full meal. I just try to eat every 2 hours. I usually try to eat as much at breakfast, lunch and dinner as I can, and then have healthy snacks like fruits, veggies, cheese, etc. every couple of hours. I do stop eating when I get full though. So far I have only gained 3 pounds and the DR said that I am right on track. Hope this helps! :)
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well first of all congrats!! My suggestion to you would be to continue to eat small meals, if you are feeling full to fast then just eat smaller amounts. Make sure you are taking your vitamins daily, preferably with orange juice. Try not to be overly concerned with the amounts of food you need. Your body will let you know. Stretching your stomach is not necessary, as your pregnancy progresses so will your appetite and your body will adjust. Good luck to you!

CNM518

Answer by CNM518 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• eat till your full and thats its. i made the big mistake of eating when i was already full and all night long i felt like my body was going to reject the extra food. im not use to eating like that before i was pregnant i only eat once or twice a day because i was so busy. i dont eat after i am full now i learned my lesson. the baby wil be fine as long as you eat healthy and if you dont eat alot just make sure you take your vitamans
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You should never eat more than you are comfortable with. You do not need to stretch your stomache. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full. Pregnancy does not require more than 200 extra calories a day then you are used to eating, so dont feel the need to push it. Your baby will be fine as long as you are eating healthy and eating until you are comfortable...not overly full.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009