Does anyone know how long it takes

for MRSA to appear on the body after you have contracted it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think it's usually within 24 hours ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go the hospital right away if you even SUSPECT MRSA it is VERY contagious and you could contaminate loved ones. Early treatment is also crucial to keep the disease from becomign fatal. If you even think you have it GO NOW!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• What is MRSA
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 1:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Anonymous

• You can carry it and not get an active infection from it. If you think you might have contracted it, they can do a nasal swab to test for it... it normally colonizes in your nose.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thanks everyone, I already had an appointment for my DD. She was around my neice who just found out that she had MRSA. My daughter does have it, and they put her on antiobiotics. I did some research on it, but it never said how lond it takes for it to "appear" on the skin! But thanks for the input! My little girl is perfectly fine! Its not the dangerous kind... thank heavens!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009