How to clean the toilet all the way?

I clean and I scrub my toilet but for some reason it has this stain at the bottom of the drain hole of the toilet you know like when you flush and it all goes down well that part, I can not seem to get that clean like I need sand paper or something.
We have been in this house for 5 yrs. and it was like that already but I can't get it clean. Any ideas???

How about the black mildew stuck on the cracks of the tile sometimes I can clean that but it keeps coming back no matter how often I clean it, I spray bleach on it but man I start to feel like I am inhaling this stuff so I try not to do that too much.
Even if I dilute it w/water. Help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You can use CLR in your toilet. Please don't use bleach in your toilet. Urine contains ammonia and when mixed with bleach can cause a deadly gas. I pour some CLR in the bowl and let is sit for about 20 minutes, then I flush it and go back in with the toilet brush. As for the grout on the tile, maybe get a cleaner that is advertised to prevent mold and things from building up?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Let some bleach sit in the bowl - or use pumice stone to scrub.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Can't help you with the mildew, but for the toilet, a pumice stone works wonders - you can buy them at a hardware store.
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 2:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Pumice stone is what I've heard about and I have used it successfully.

Answer by Bmat at 2:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I found these MAGIC ERASERs by MR CLEAN and i use them on almost everything in my kitchen and bathroom. theyre great on tiles and tubs.. got nasty stuff out of my tub.. no perfumes or scents and no chemicals thats another reason theyre perftect.. especially for pregnant women
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 1:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well bleach only makes mildew white.It doesn't kill it.Use mildew remover.About your toilet try C.L.R.,but if you are pregant I would have your husband or your boyfriend to do that for you.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009