when do you

well jaiden gets a bath sometime in the morring but most of the time in the afternoon the bath seems to wake him up more than it helps him sleep .

What soap helps a baby sleep better i have tryed every thing

but here is my question when do you ladys give your child a bath and about how long do you let them play?

mom_since08

Asked by mom_since08 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my girls were babies I bathed them in the morning too, because like yours they didn't want to sleep after. But now that they are older they take a bath after dinner and before bed since that is when they're the dirtiest.
    When they were little they didn't play much longer than it took to wash them, but now that I don't have to sit in the bathroom with them they play until they tell me they're ready to wash up and get out. ( I don't go far from the bathroom though.)
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my 7 month old dd gets a bath like twice a week unless she poops thro her clothes or is just very messy .she likes to play int he bath so i try and let her play until its to cold or i am just tired of sitting in the bathroom .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• SINCE MY BOYS ARE OLDER I DO EVENING BATHS AND LET THEM PLAY UNTIL THE WATER IS COLD TO ME! I DON'T KNOW THE AGE OF YOUR BABY, BUT I WOULD GIVE HIM A BATH AFTER HE EATS AN HOUR BEFORE YOU LAY THEM DOWN FOR THE NIGHT. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT BATHS HELP THEM REST BETTER THROUGH THE NIGHT!! (FROM MY BOYS REACTIONS)
    mothersmitty

Answer by mothersmitty at 1:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my son is ten months
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We use Johnson and Johnson soothing bedtime bath. Or something similar. It is in a purple bottle. We give her a bath before bed about every other day. I don't really let her play too much because she gets cold really fast. I mean I only bathe her in a couple inches of water since she is still only 11 months old, but too big for her baby bath.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yea i do something sort of like that but i fill the bath tub till it reaches over his legs
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My girls (4,1) also take a bath after dinner. I usually let them play until they are ready to get out or the water is too cold.
    Stephanie15

Answer by Stephanie15 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son (5 months) is still afraid to play in the water. He just sits there like if he moves the water will eat him lol. But he gets a bath at night as part of his bedtime routine. After bath he gets his teeth brushed, we read a book, and then he gets to have quiet play time in his crib for a while until he wears himself out enough to take a bottle and go to sleep! Then he usually sleeps through the night.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My 8 mo old takes a bath every night after dinner. She plays until I get sick of sitting in the bathroom :) Then it's off to read a book, get a bottle, and go to bed. I think California Baby makes a soothing bubble bath/wash, but I don't usually use soap unless she's really dirty. Then I also do a little mini massage with lotion after the bath, it seems to help calm my daughter down after she plays in the bath.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i use lavender bedtime oil, it really helps my daughter go to sleep
    Anonymous