sleeping problems

he seems to get up at 3:45 every night i am not sure what to do i have herad that you should give your baby some soilds before bed

do you lady do this and how long does it last

mom_since08

Asked by mom_since08 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is probably just part of his normal sleeping pattern to wake up at that time every night. If you go in his room or give him a bottle....he'll expect that in the future. If you're feeding him at 3:45 every morning...then hunger will come to call at that time every morning. At 10 mo. I would let him cry until he went back to sleep (within reason)...if you're not comfortable with that then try making him wait 10 or 15 minutes every night and hopefully he'll start waking up 10-15 minutes later each night until you've gotten to morning time.

Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• it depends on how old he is. if hes atleast 3 months go ahead and give him some cereal. my daughter used to wake up at that exact same time, and once i started giving her cereal she would sleep from 11pm to 10 am. its been nice!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think it depends on how old your baby is....also the older they get I was told to stop giving them a bottle (or if you breast feed) so if the baby wakes up at 345 let them cry a little then go to them that worked for my two boys. I did start giving my ten month old cereal when he was almost 3 months old. not a lot just enough about 30 mins before i laid him down for the night! hope this helps
    mothersmitty

Answer by mothersmitty at 1:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my son is ten months
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Give him some food and a bottle or nurse right before bedtime. Then, let him a cry a little and see if he doesn't soothe himself when he wakes. He is old enough to be sleeping through the night, so if you don't already, initiate a routine for bedtime so that he can get more geared up for bed.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why is he waking? Is he taking a full feeding? Then he's hungry and needs it.
    Anonymous

• i give him a bottle but sometimes he wants to be up for hours and he goes to be at 10
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My babe started sleeping through the night at 3-4 months, stopped at 8-9 months. She goes to bed at 8, wakes between 1-3, sucks down a 7 oz bottle, goes straight back to bed. The ped. shuns that, but since Z is so small for her age, she said its ok for now. Try changing his feeding/sleep habits. 10 may be too late for him, you want to push his last meal of the night as close to bed time as possible. :)
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009