What would you do...? Clutter

I have so much stuff that I would hate to get rid of, but my dh keeps nagging at me on how our home would look alot nicer if I would get rid of some things.
At first I was upset but then I asked myself...Do you really need or use this?
but I can not seem to let it go or get into doing the job. I can see our house looking alot nicer :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i have the exact same problem!! youre going to have to take it slow to get rid of stuff. if you go and get rid of everything all at once, you may freak out like i would. i started slowly taking 3 or 4 things every day or so and putting into our basement storage. It was all stuff i knew realistically i owuldnt use now. plus with it being in storage it makes me feel better because i know i can get it at any time if i really need it. it has definitely helped our place, and im still workin on it!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I throw away anything that doesn't have a specific place, every thing has a place in my house or it gets tossed (or donated). It keeps me from overspending when shopping too.
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Clear it out room by room. If you have the place for it now, keep it. If it is something you would like to keep but have no room for it, consider a storage unit. If it is something you no longer need/want but it is good condition, donate or sell it. If it is something that won't resell isn't ideal for donation, trash it. Do one room at a time, maybe even one room a week, just so you start small. Once you see the difference it made in one room, you may be inspired to do the rest of the house.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well, we moved into a house that was completely furnished but we didn't need all of it. So I finally decided to put some of the stuff up on Craigslist.com. You can make a little money, plus help someone else out. One man's junk is another's treasure :)
    Stephanie15

Answer by Stephanie15 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009