What does your pantry look like?

Somehow I have the cereal on top of the refridgerator and bread on the counter I know it can all have a space for this but where. My pantry is not that big.
Is everything in order or just throw in only you know what you have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have to keep it organized, otherwise I never know what I have and wind up frustrated trying to find something I thought I had bought, only to discover I don't have it. I have cereals and snack foods on the top shelf, then the next 3 are devoted to canned foods. I try to keep basic ingredients on hand at all times.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We remodeled two years ago and so things are pretty organized. My pantry is the size of a closet and has two big doors. On the left there are three upper shelves and four lower pull out shelves. I keep canned goods on the lower shelves, organized by soups, beans, other vegetables, tomatoes, fruits, misc. items. On the upper shelves are boxed goods, envelopes of sauces etc, oil, vinegar, spray coating, and above those are dishwasher detergent, and other non-food chemicals. The top shelf, that I can only reach on a stool, has paper plates and goods that I use maybe once a year. The right-hand side of the pantry has about 6 shelves and has trays and baking sheets and pans, blender and small appliances, wraps, tissues, and my husband's shelf- which has boxes of cereal, snacks and cookies for him. :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We don't have a pantry in the kitchen, so we use a shelving unit in the laundry room behind the kitchen. I don't buy much that is pre-packaged or processed, but for what I do get I like to buy in bulk, so the shelving works well (each shelf will support up to 500 lbs.). It is completely organized, with the bagged items & cereals on top, then boxed goods, then canned & bottled items, and finally cases of juice or large bulk items on the bottom. Like items are also grouped - for example, all canned veggies are together or all jars of tomatoe sauce, etc.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009