Whats the normal and the high for your blood sugar when youre pregnant?

My stepmom called me today worried that she got 157 on her blood sugar when they gave her the gestational diabetis test...she asked me what was mine but I was pregnant 4 years ago so I quite don't remember exactly all I remember was that my doctor checked me like 5 times for that because he couldnt believe it was so high.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• oh I forgot to mention shes pregnant with twins, shes like 5 months already.
    Anonymous

• hmmm my doc told me normal was from like 65-160 or something. I wish I could remember for sure for you. They will let her know if it is too high and she will have to take a 3 hour glucola test.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• 140 and below was what my doctor shot for. They will probably give her the 3 hour GTT. If the 3 hour GTT comes out well, they will just have her watch her diet. I had gestational diabetes with both of my children and it was easily controlled by diet.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• anything above 200 is considered high if not pregnant. i think with pregnancy its anything over 150. with it being 157 they will probably just watch her and retest, unless it gets higher she should be able to control it with diet fairly easily.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009