• In the Spotlight:

bottle

I need some help. My 6 month old doesn't want anthing to do with the bottle anymore. She has been sick with a ear infection and cough I don't know if that has anything to do with it or if its because shes on stage one foods... If anyone can offer any advice I would appreciate it!!!!

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a sippy cup
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• sounds like a good time to offer the cup and say forget the bottle
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE SHE WAS SICK AND THE SUCKING AFFECTED HER EARS, BUT I PERSONALLY THINK THAT HER NOT WANTING TO SUCK HER BOTTLE IS A GOOD THING! THAT JUST MADE GETTING HER OFF THE BOTTLE WHEN SHE TURNS ONE THAT MUCH EASIER FOR YOU! PUT HER MILK IN A SIPPY CUP OR IF SHE IS LIKE MY SON 9WHO WON'T DRINK OUT OF ANYTHING EXCEPT AN ADULT GLASS) PUT IT IN A CUP!!! hOPE THIS HELPS YOU
    mothersmitty

Answer by mothersmitty at 1:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My daughter wouldn't take her bottles after she was about 7 months. We tried and tried and fought with it for a while. Then finally, we started giving her formula in a sippy cup, which she wouldn't take before, and now it is no longer an issue. She gets a bottle at night, but other than that, all her fluids are via a sippy cup. She is about 11 months now, so it works well for us.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It is likely that the sucking hurts her ears. I just went through this with mine. A faster flow nipple worked for her. She didn't have to suck as hard. A sippy cup would be fine too...mine just won't drink enough out of a sippy cup.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Try a sippy cup, or even have the tot drink from a regular cup. And when you do offer a bottle, try to hold the baby as up-right as possible. Ear infections suck. I hope she feels better soon!!!
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 8:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2009