How to potty train a 2 year old boy

How do you potty train a boy. His dad won't show him how to hold his thing and i don't know the first thing about that. So how would i go about potty training him.

heatherplanck

Asked by heatherplanck at 1:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• His dad needs to step up and take this responsibility as his father. That's a bunch of foolishness that he won't show him how! If you live in the country, Dad can show him how to water a tree. that's how it started with my boys. I also agree with mlregalado. Teach them to sit and pee. If Dad is not some kind of pink-shirted Abercrombie sissy, he will teach him to stand and aim right quick! LOL My boys weren't full potty trained until right after they turned 3. Good luck with potty training!
    Anonymous

• Have him sit. Daddy will want to teach him real quick! Or have him lean over the toilet and go.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my son is in the process of potty training too. Its kinda easy this go around since he has two older brothers. I try not to pressure him i just have him go to his potty chair whenever I need to go which is often since i'm preg again. He also goes everytime his brothers go (ages 4 and 7) and when daddy goes. I really want him out of diapers befor the baby gets here in may.
    Renea13

Answer by Renea13 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have my 2 yr old (boy also) sit on his potty or sit backwards on the big toilet. My DH lets him watch him stand to pee but has yet to help in any way to train him =( He also doesn't care if ds sits to pee or stands....guess its up to me to potty train him =) but I don't mind. He's been following me to the bathroom since he could crawl!
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009