Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help I am running out of Ideas!

Our kids are in There dads Care right now and live in a different state all laws are Different in Every sate. (sighs) I Pay Child supory in July we went to Court i went from paying 360 to paying 535 a month. I believe in support if i don't have our kids but now i have recieved a Call in Aug that my X ddin't pass his drug test and has fled and moved to another state to avoid DFACS removing our kids. DFACS has informed me he is using drugs and ask me if i need anything to prepare to recieve them but also informed that i might want to file Custody papers because there process takes longer. But i am getting no answers as to what to do or what state i need to file in. I am scared for the safety and well being of our kids. I live in Iowa i have tried getting papers to file here but they say a lawyer needs to do them. I can't afford a lawyer. They have moved to GA. and All our cases DEVORICE/CUSTODY/CHILDSUPORT was done in florida

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • u probably have to do it in Florida since thats where the papers were filed

    Answer by britme1027 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • they usually have probono lawyers that will help you with your case. try calling around, or talk to the people at DFACS. explain your situation and im sure they can help. the last thing they would want is your children staying somewhere dangerous. i wish i had more information, im sorry i dont. but i know my uncle needed a lawyer with his kids custody battle, and he couldnt afford it either, but he was still able to get one to help out. (btw he lived in florida, which shows that they do it there if thats where you need to do everything) good luck!

    Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • It saddens me that people like this bring children into the world.

    Answer by MeeShee at 3:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.