Anyone had one baby and 4 months later find out your pregnant again?

Hi everyone when my son was 4 months old we found out that we have another baby on the way my son is my first child so im kinda nervous Williams bday is July 2,2008 and this baby is due on July 10, 2009. Anyone else had babies this close to together my mom and mother n law did im just wondering from people out side of the family is it as hard as what im thinking? Just what is everyone's experiences having 2 a year and younger. Thanks

newmommy7608

Asked by newmommy7608 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have seen this happen to a lot of women and they say its REALLY hard, but I cannot back that up:) Good luck!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son will be a year old in a month, and I'm pregnant with my second and due March 22. They'll be about 13 months apart. I'd be happy to chat if you want to send me a message =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well i only have 1 child, and we dont want another one.

But i heard different things from different mommies. Some say its so much easier to have 2 kids so close together by age... (can keep most of the baby cloth/toys/ec.t) and other say its so much stress to watch two little kids.

i for myself couldnt imagine having my toddler and a newborn at the same time.

but if you want it, then you will be able to do it. it probably just takes a couple weeks to get used it and learn how to manage two little munchkins ;)

i wish you all the best and good luck!

if you have a huge basket full of luck they will have the same b-day :D you will save a lot of money on the b-day parties :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i dont have my children that close but my friend is having hers that close she is in your boat very scared. I have another friend whos daughters are that close and she says it is hard but you learn to deal with it slowly you still have a baby at home when you bring a new baby home. so yeah im sure it will be hard but if others can do it so can you. good luck.
    Anonymous

• My daughter turned 1 the day after christmas and I just had another baby January 7th. I also have a 29m old It is hard right now I am trying to get in a pattern. Good Luck.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Ive heard of alot of people having babies so close together but i didnt know there was this many on here.
    newmommy7608

Answer by newmommy7608 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had 2 babies in one year and they are not twins. I literally had a baby on January 18th of 2005 and then had another baby in December 2005. They are 11 months and 4 days apart. it is tough but fun at the same time because they are able to play together.
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My first two were 6 1/2 years apart and it took a while for them to get to an age where they were able to do things together. They are now 24 (girl) & 17 (boy) and they get along great and do a lot together when she's in town.
    My last two, boy (3) & girl (2), are 12 mos. apart and I love it. They play well together and I like that they have a playmate so close in age. They get along really well and never fight... yet!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I got pg with our dd when our ds was 6 mos old. There's 15 mos between our kids. Now they're just turned 16 and almost 15.

Yes, it's hard, but on the other hand, there are good points to it as well. As I told people, the good thing is, you go through everything "in stereo", the bad thing is, you go through everything "in stereo". When they're first born, and when they're little, it can be hard, trying to chase a young toddler around and caring for a newborn. Then, you have an older toddler and an older baby, and it's still hard.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• But once you can get through the first few years, it's really great - even though my kids are opposite sex, they're good friends, they played together as kids, they share a lot of the same friends / social circle, there's a lot of times that when they go out with friends, they're both going to the same party, school game, movie, etc. I have friends whose kids are far apart, and they aren't friends, they don't hang out together, they seemed to move out of one phase of parenting to then, a few yrs later, do that same phase all over again, and how hard that can be for them having kids all over the age spectrum. I don't have to juggle those issues.

So yes, I have to say, it's going to be hard in a lot of ways, but in other ways, it's going to be a lot easier.
    sailorwifenmom