Getting to sleep .. ?

So I have an issue with my 2 year old daughter (she is actually closer to 3 years)
She sleeps all night but getting her to go to sleep is practically impossible .

I've come to the conclusion that she only needs 10 hours of sleep per day to be well rested and happy.
She does not nap , she hasn't had a nap since she was 6 months old .
She refuses to go to sleep before 11pm , no matter what we do she's wide awake until 11pm , She has an excellent schedule , a great bedtime routine , yet no matter what she is wide wide awake until 11 every single night .

Do I quit fighting her on the time she goes to sleep as long as she is well rested, healthy and happy ?

My major issue is that her being up until 11 leaves NO TIME for DH and I to relax together as a couple which is so important in keeping our relationship healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well you didn't say what time she gets up?? But it sounds like shes just on your schduel. All i can say is start putting her in here room and doing her bedtime rutine at the time you want her to go to sleep, like 9 maybe, and when she gets up you just tell her that its bed time, its dark outside and that means its time to sleep lol. Hope things get better for you hun
    HappyWifeNmom

Answer by HappyWifeNmom at 2:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009