My mil keeps bashing me becasue i am trying to potty train my 21 month old is that to young to pottty train?

preggo123

Asked by preggo123 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can introduce them to it, I am currently doing that with mine, but they probably won't completely get it til later on. and no it's not to early tell her to back off.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Tell the MIL this is 2008 and things are WAY different then when she was raising kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• All 3 of my children were potty trained by 2 1/2, so no it is not to early. Only thing I would say is make sure they are showing interest in it. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• no hun it is not to early.
    crazyangel_52

Answer by crazyangel_52 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I think it depends on the kid. My oldest was completely potty trained at 19 months, my middle was 26 months, and my youngest is 20 months and has absolutly no intrest in the potty. However, I don't think it is too early to introduce the potty just don't push too hard, she/he will do it when he's ready.
    Amanda_C_82

Answer by Amanda_C_82 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Definately not, 2 of mine were potty trained by 18 mos w/no accidents. My other one was done before 2.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Be nice to your MIL but just take her advice lightly and say "that's good advice" to let he know you listened, but then just do what YOU want to do based on what you know about your LO and where he/she is at with trying to learn this. Also don't try to prove anything to her, if LO isn't ready, then accept it and try again a little later. Don't get caught up in a game with MIL, just appreciate that she cares and don't get too concerned if her advice isn't what you do. She'll back off, she wants to be heard and know that she shared her advice. That age is fine to start teaching it with patience on your part for your LO. Good luck and wish you the best!
    Anonymous

• I know your problem. My MIL is the same way. Think of it this way she isn't the one who has to change the baby when he goes stinky you are. So if the baby is showing interest then I say go for it.
    ShellyChacon

Answer by ShellyChacon at 10:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Tell her it's none of her d@mn business! My ex monster in law was the SAME way!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Both my girls potty trained at 20 months so NO it is not to early...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2010