Pedialite?

I must sound like an idiot, but my daughter has never been sick until now (13 months). How do you use pedialite? Do I just give her some in her sippy cup? Or do I give it like medicine? I can't get her an appointment til saturday to see a doctor =[ so they told me it sounds like a virus and there isnt much they can do for that so just put her on a brat diet until her stomache settles and give her pedialite. The nurse seemed rushed so I didnt ask her how to give it to her.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In a sippy or bottle like you would any drink.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Just let her drink it like it's juice out of her sippy cup. If she likes it....my kids all hated that stuff so I just got Gatoraid.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• when my daughter was little and had to have pedialite. The nurse told me to fill her sippy cup half full. and give her that much once every hour. I hope this helps.
    LL_J

Answer by LL_J at 2:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Is she throwing up/ diarrhea? If so, my son had that at 14 months and the doctor said to just give about an ounce every 30 minutes or so. Start off with maybe a tablespoon to see if she keeps it down. If she does, up it to an ounce, but no more until she stops throwing up. This should keep her hydrated. You can give it to her in the sippy cup, too! :) I hope she feels better soon!

Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• She threw up twice. Once after breakfast and again after lunch. No diarrhea though. And she seems to be fine as long as she doesnt eat. Although I did get her to keep down some soup and crackers.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yeah, about an ounce every 30 minutes would be good, I think. That and really bland foods for a while.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• the BRAT diet is more for pooh issues, too. You could feed her those foods since they are bland, but pretty much any bland food would be good fer her, so dont feel like you have to limit yourself to only the BRAT items.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son isn't a picky eater and HATED Pedialiite. I have about 2 packs of the single servings in my cabinet just sitting there. This is one of two things he won't eat/drink! I tried it and understand why. Good luck with your daughter. If she won't do Pedialite, then try Gatorade. Also, try not to give her liquids that are really cold. It may upset her stomach.
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 3:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• And also make sure she sips it and not guzzles it down. That can make her throw up too.
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my son now has a stomach virus, throws up his food and has to drink pedialyte. i try to give him an ounce or 2 every 30-45 minz if he would take it. *
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2009