I cant stop crying so be prepared...grab your tissues

The night before the burial of her husband 2nd Lt. James Cathey of the United States Marine Corps, killed in Iraq, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of "Cat", and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it" she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted".

-Not sure what is more honorable: Being married to this faithful wife to the end or the Marine standing next to the casket watching over them both.

luvmygrandbaby

Asked by luvmygrandbaby at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2012 in Military

• Military stuff doesn't usually make me emotional at all, but that is so sweet.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• Well, now I'm crying too, what a touching story.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• That pic has been around for a LONG time... still get's me choked up!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• Wow, something so touching for an already rough start to the morning for me. But NOTHING like our troops and their families contend with on a daily basis.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• This reminds of the dog that slept next to his owners casket and wouldn't leave - very touching.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• Sad. That reminds me of the dog too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• I probably would have bawled if this hadn't been an older story. I have been seeing this all over FB for months! So i'm glad it's an oldy so I woont cry
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• Though no one in my family has been in the military, my BIL was killed in 9/11 and we consider those murdered in 9/11 to be soldiers of our country. Anything military makes me cry. I love that show with the surprise reunions where the military person ends up surprising there family with their leave. A box of tissues doesn't cut it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 1:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• :,) makes me happy to know women out there really would do this for the love of their life...some women seem like they are in those military relationships for the benefits.
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 1:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2012

• So sweet! But I think it was wrong for someone to snap pictures of the grieving widow.
    ginger5653

Answer by ginger5653 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2012