help my 2yr old daughter and her potty!!!!!

my 2 yr old does not even want to get close to her potty ive done everything that i can think of but no nothing i take her to the bathroom with me i buy her her favorite charecter underwear a bowl of candy by her potty so when she does potty she can have some and still nothing what ever shall i do??????

norma1503

Asked by norma1503 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has she very shown interest in using the potty? If not then you might be fighting a losing battle at this time. Don't force her. Going potty is one of the only things she has control of right now and she may not be going because you are trying to hard. Back off just a little and set up a schedule. Something like taking her at the same time everyday. Like when she first wakes up, and then again before her nap. Things like this might help. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• When you find out let me know. My two year old screams for his diaper when we go near the potty........there just not ready.
    two.under.two

Answer by two.under.two at 12:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• ppl say kids will let you know when they are ready.My daughter was trained before she was 2,my son is 18 months old and he started bringing me new diapers anytime he peed,so we started today he was afraid of the potty at first but I let him look at it and touch it and showed him that it was ok,I told him"mommy will sit on her potty and u sit on urs" he did,I made it fun for him by praising him for sitting on his potty like a big boy,and taking his picture,because he loves the camera,after about 2 min or so I got him up and saw that he had peed,I gave him a big hug and made a big deal about it and gave him a piece of candy,i kept telling him how proud I was of him,he is such a big boy,then I started asking every 5-10min if he had to go potty again and taking him.I think the main thing is you just have to let them know that it's not scary.if you do finally get them on the potty,somehow take their mind off of the fact,and they will just pee,maybe.of course every kid is different
    Stacey1986

Answer by Stacey1986 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2008