Does anyone know what this is?

My son(3) has two knots on his neck. I can remember him always having one but now it's two. They are located on the back, kind of closer to the side. They don't seem to bother him.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son has a small round nodule on his neck in the same spot. His pediatrician said it is just like a benign fatty cyst. It's probably the same thing, but I would mention it to your pediatrician next time you go in. (So you can compare, my son's is about the size of a little green pea, its round and firm located on the left side of his neck, closer to the base of the neck.)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• probably his lymph nodes theyre probably swollen. dont push on them or anything just in case they get irritated more. but i would mention it to his doctor just in case.
    Anonymous

• my son has this and it is his lymph nodes, my pediatrician said it was due to his allergies
    Anonymous