Yobaby yogurt for a 8 month to help thrush? Anything else u know will work?

My 8 month has thrush and her medicine won't be in til the a.m.. Do you think yobaby yogurt will be ok to give her just a little of to help the thrush? I know it has whole milk but i feel that she would tolerate it fine. Any other suggestions?

kenedygrace06

Asked by kenedygrace06 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can help but it has to be the PLAIN yogurt. Not the flavored ones or the fruit and cereal ones. YoBaby makes "Baby's First Yogurt" and it's plain whole milk yogurt. You could really get any brand of plain, whole milk yogurt. If you get the YoBaby, it's the one in the blue package.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• This is really disgusting but my mom and her friend SWEAR by it. I'm going to post Anon, just because I know someone will say something. But thrush is basically a fungus of the mouth, correct? My mom and her friend, when we were babies, used athlete's foot medicine for us when we got thrush...It was an herbal version, so not that chemical junk. But I can't remember the name of it...They swear it worked though.
    Anonymous

• you can also just purchase probiotic powder at a health food store or even the vitamin shoppe.
    they make it especially for infants.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009