Why can't people spell??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they either are not well educated, have problems, or had a typo.

oh well.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Because an alien abducted their brain.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• cuz their letters disappeared from their keyboard.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• LOL ash--too funny
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• that doesn't bother me as much as when they use the wrong words like no in place of know, aloud instead of allowed, weather instead of whether, etc. i can't think of anymore but it really buys me. i think this shows that they are not very educated. misspelled words could be typos but to use the wrong words then that's just stupidity.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I AM NOT BEING RUDE......just wondering; why does it bother you if you can understand it? maybe they are trying to squeeze a little mom time in and ya get what ya get. it bothers me too, but i swear i have some weirdly anal thoughts about the english language. i was just wondering what your thoughts were about it on a deeper level. yes there are times where i see something spelled wrong and i think "seriously?" but i have learned to control my urge to correct them and i try to move to the next question.
    Anonymous

• It's a fact some people are bad spellers. My son's dad has a PhD in Chemistry & he is the worst speller...but he is very intelligent. You can't judge someone by their spelling. Grammar though is another story. He has great grammar..also he looks up words when he can't spell them (or at least asks someone). I guess the overall picture is, bad spelling is not a sign of being less educated but not bothering to try to find out the correct spelling is. And hey there is always spell-check!  If you're too lazy to use spellcheck then really there is no hope for you!

Anonymous

• hahaaa jodi :)

she has a poin.. leers do someimes jus disappear from he keyboard
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think a lot of times it's because of the day and times in which we live. Everything has to be made shorter, and computer lingo is the way to go. I personally can't stand it, and I think it's pure laziness, and really shows how un-educated people are. However, that's just me, and if that is what works for people, then more power to them.
    Anonymous

• It bothers me sometimes too because I am sorry but I was a teen mom and still managed to master the english language and get an education. I think some people dont pay attention or dont care if they cant spell which is pretty sad. And anon sometimes I dont understand what someone is saying and those types really are just sad to read when you think they are raising a child themselves. I mean come on, it isnt that hard to read and pick up a book and learn proper grammar and english is it? Typos I dont mind but when its really obvious this person didnt bother learning past 5th grade, yea its annoying.

Answer by gemgem at 2:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009