Staying calm...is it possible?

I read that cronic anger is slowly killing us women.I can c how thats possible-being angry @ our spouse/toddler/teenager/inlaws ect.How can we stay calm?I find that i am @ the end of my rope freaking everyday!!(well not everyday but it seems like it) I think i'll try saying a little montra to myself when i am getting upset @ the mcdonalds b/c i've been waiting in line for 25 min 4 fast food LOL and my little one is sobbing b/c he wants his apples or nuggets..Or when my DH is sitting playing video games all day watching me do housework & not helping--or i may just go up wack him with a magazine & unplug the tv. sighh maybe I should have a little tantrum sometime..

Ms.JiggityJones

Asked by Ms.JiggityJones at 2:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I guess I dont have that problem. I drive off when McDonalds takes too long and go somewhere else after getting a refund. I know I am the mom and wife and Im lucky enough to be able to stay home so the least I can do is the dishes etc. Thats how I keep things in perspective. My kids have never really bothered me, maybe a couple times. I just accept they are kids and again I am so lucky I can have them because some cant.

Answer by gemgem at 3:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It takes tremendous self-discipline to stay calm all the time. I know I don't have that much. When I am tired or over-stressed, I melt down. There are exercises that can be done. Here is one- a count down exercise. Start at 10 and count down slowly, relaxing more each time. 10 (relax your face, head, neck), 9 (relax your shoulders, arms, etc. By the time you hit 1 you should be relaxed. There are also breathing exercises. Breathe in slowly, hold, exhale slowly. Visualize your beautiful and serene self being in a place that you love, such as the beach. Also, Yoga is good for learning to relax and to know yourself.

Answer by Bmat at 3:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009