if i was 4 cm would the hospital admit me?

if i went to the hospital and i was 4cm but not contracting, would they still admit me and induce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no they won't not if your not having any contractions
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Nope, not til you have contractions. I was 4 cm for 3 weeks
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No they wouldn't admit me and induce until I was 6.5cm
    Anonymous

• they will look at you for about an hour or 2, making you walk around the hospital, if you get any bigger then yes they will admit you
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• They will only admit you at 4 if lets say you went to the dr this morning and were at 2 and showed you were progressing and have contractions, or if your water breaks.

Answer by gemgem at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• and you have to have contractions about 3-5 minutes apart
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It depends on the doctor. Mine induced me and I was barely at one. But she dropped super early and I was having a hard time walking and I was pissed about it, so I told him to induce me.
    If you are full term and willing to deal with the pitocin, there should be no reason why they wouldn't induce.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 3:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• To induce, as in, there is a health concern? Induction takes on a different context.

If you're not contracting and are electively requesting an unnecessary induction then it's not likely.

That circumstance is not in the baby's favor, the staff is more likely to honor the needs of the baby, not adding risks.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i was like 4 dialted and they could stretch me to like 6 or 7 was wierd... i think it depends how far along you are as to whether theyll take ya
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 9:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009