brusing easy

so im 35 weeks pregnant
the last wekk or so i have been brusing really easy
like i was at my sisters wedding and sitting cross legged
and a few mins later i had a big bruse on my lower leg
then i was taking a shower and i went tosit down cuz i got tired and my knee brused
it seems to only be on my leg no where else is this noraml????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had alot of bruses during my last term of pregnancy and i had no idea how i got them i wouldn't worry bout it mine were on my legs and arms
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I am experiencing the same exact thing, only on my lower legs too! I had all kinds of blood work done and the doctors said everything was fine, the only thing was my potassium was low so I was told to eat more potassium rich foods.  The doctor also said the reason may be pregnancy related in that your blood is working harder or something...I'm not going to worry  about it, hopeful things will go back to normal after the baby comes.  Tell your OB they might want to check your iron and platelets etc.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• usually if you bruise easy, it's because you're anemic. But don't take my word for it. It could also be potassium like the PP said. You need to ask your OB to check your iron and potassium levels. It could also be something completely different, or nothing at all.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009