28 weeks?

can u lose a baby at 28 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think u can lose a baby at anytime but it hink after the second trimester its called like a still birth or something
    Anonymous

• You can go into labor anytime. First trimester is a miscarriage, second and third is a premature birth.

Answer by gemgem at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• you can have a still born my moms friend carried full term and it ended up being a still born theres always a chance
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Its possible..
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think you can lose a baby at 28 weeks but it will be called premature labor and stillborn. my niece lost her twin baby boys at 20 weeks and they weren't considered fetus'. not until 24 weeks .is it considered a fetus. therefor she couldn't even get Birth Certificates.
    Happymom236

Answer by Happymom236 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• A death between 12-20 weeks is a 2nd-trimester miscarriage. After 20, it is considered stillbirth or also, "neonatal death." Yes, it is possible for a baby to die at any time before birth, however, as the weeks pass, the risk of death lessens. 28 weeks is usually when doctors recommend starting to count kicks as kicks (and movements, excluding hiccups) at that stage in development are indicators of the well-being of the baby. If you feel a decrease in movement (especially after drinking milk or juice and sitting quietly specifically trying to detect movement) or a sudden, frantic burst of movement (as if the baby is struggling) you need to call your doctor right away. My friend's baby died somewhere between 18-20 weeks. She was delivered vaginally, given a death certificate and a funeral. I guess it all depends on the state/doctor/hospital that you're in?

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Happymom236 is correct about not being able to receive a birth certificate at 24 weeks for a stillborn child, however not because of the gestation week because you can only recieve a birth certificate for a child who is born alive since it is a certificate of live birth. We lost our son at 22 weeks and we did recieve a death certificate for him. His birth was treated with the same respect and dignity as full term stillbirth. Anything after 20 weeks is no longer considered a miscarriage, it is then considered a stillbirth since after 20 weeks gestation it is possible for the baby to survive outside the womb. I absolutely agree with NovermberLove reminding you to count kicks because my very dear friend lost her son at 38 weeks and had she been counting kicks she would have noticed the decreased movement and it could have been possible to save him since his death was due to the umbilical cord being wrapped around his neck
    KMGMom

Answer by KMGMom at 1:08 AM on May. 1, 2009