Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get someone to back out your "MOM SPACE"???? HELP ME PLEASE!!!! LOSING MY MIND and NEED SUGGESTIONS

Im 19 yrs old and Ive been staying with my aunt for 2 yrs in a 1 br apart. until i get my own. There is absolutely no privacy so she knows all my business when i'm on the phone. She always says i'm lazy and I don't do anything but when i try to do things she says i do them wrong and move out the way so she can do them correctly. What hurts me the most is that she always tells me I'm a bad mom and that my son should be taking away from me. She says she's his real mom and that i just gave birth to him(BTW she wanted me to have an abortion early on) She says I dont know how to care for him and he likes it better when she does it. WHen she says these things i tend to go into deep depression. I know my son loves me dearly cause he's like my little shadow. I don't know what else to do I've tried talking to her but i'm just called ungrateful.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (9)
  • can you get on housing assistance to get your own place?

    Answer by busygirl247 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • you really got to move out, there is no reason on gods green earth for her to treat you that way, if there is ANY where else to stay i would deffinetly go, she is not only hurting you, she is hurting you son as well,

    Answer by Trinity32188 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • oh and btw i have applied to public housing they found a place for me but my aunt "Prayed against it" because it was too far for her to travel and they haven't gotten back to me about it yet. So there went my apartment

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • what do you mean "prayed against it"? Give them a call back- be persistent, it's the only way to get what you need for you, and most importantly your son.


    Answer by busygirl247 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • Hahaha, can I just say I love how you called it "mom space"! That amused me. As for your question, I agree with the previous poster, be persistent. Your son deserves to have his mommy without some hovering aunt giving him mixed messages about how fit his mother is to raise him.

    Answer by Danielle720 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • Don't get down about it, keep after them about the housing, call them everyday if you have to. You have to realize that they are dealing with a ton of people who want housing.
    Good luck to you, and remember you can do it!!!!!!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • Call them back. Who cares if it is too far for her to visit? As far as I can tell, that's all to the good. You need to cut her OUT OF YOUR LIFE. She is abusing you!!!! As he gets older, she will verbally abuse your son too!!!! Contact a battered women's shelter and see if they can help you or if they can point you to someone who can.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • sounds to me like shes abusing you. She constantly puts you down and wants you out but when your so close she prays that you don't. She's ruling your life and making it impossible for you to stand on your own two feet. Its time to say screw you and take control. If she wants anything to do with your son she needs to help you not hurt you. Get out of there and away from her influence. If she dosen't like the distance to bad! You are woman, prove it!

    Answer by mamatobe1989 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

  • there is NO freakin reason for someone to tell a mother theyd be a better mother to the others child! You are the one God chose to have that child..NOT her....i would definetly look into trying to do govnt housing or something. it sounds like you really really need to get out and be able to be a mother. good luck

    Answer by oddballj at 9:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.