how do you keep your house clean?

I am a very busy mom of 3 young boys. I just cant seem to keep my house clean! Everytime I turn around its dirty again! I swear I vacuum atleast 10 times a day, I mop my floor when its nap time and then the laundry and dishes!?!?! ugh, dont get me started on that! I just feel like my house is so disorganized and i cant get it back to the way it was when i had one baby! Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• ME TOO!!!!!! AGGGGG.....I dont understand how anybody keeps it clean like I see these houses on tv...I was about to post something like this too.....

I guess one of the first suggestions I could give BOTH of us is to get off the internet....LOL LOL!!!

hehehehe......
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Just think of it this way. In a few years, your boys will be off to college, married, and in their own homes and your home will be spotless. Enjoy the mess now, because later you might miss it.

Anonymous

• I feel you honey.....and I only have one child but I get so busy and when I do get it clean my husband comes home from work and it dirty again...............

But my sis has one of those "tv houses" and she is a mom too, But she is a bitc* about her house and thats how she keeps it clean, Even if her husband worked all day she makes him wash his dishs and clean after himself............I guess we have to start being more of a bitc* lol
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Anon at 3:29....I have heard people say this and its soooo true.....

I also think....what if we were unable to have children.....our house would be spotless but I Wouldnt want it spotless then.....that would be a a very SAD SAD clean house!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I agree, the house will still be there when the little ones have grown and moved out.

For right now, set priorities and take care of highest priority first and lower priority only if you have time and energy. For example laundry is probably highest priority since your family needs to have clothes. Bathroom and kitchen cleanliness. After that, do the beds really need to be made?- yeah probably to give the children a good example, Does it matter if there is dust on everything? well... it does to some extent. Dirty floors? If there is a crawling baby then yes for sure. If there are furry pets then yes to avoid fleas etc. Window washed? Nah. and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 3:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• The way i keep my house clean and organized is that I do not allow any toys or kids things outside of the play room. I keep the kids at the table for drinks, food, and snack time so the mess is all localized and I clean the table after every time. I put the dishes in the dish washer as they get dirty till its full. In my laundry room I have laundry baskets for everyone in the family so I know what goes where. For bills and other things in my kitchen I hung up little baskets for each thing like bills, important mail, coupons, etc.... Given that I still vaccum at least twice aday I cant stand my floor being dirty. I sweep and mop at the end of the day just so that i dont have to do it more than once.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• little kids love to help, see if you can find a job that they can manage like picking up toys and make a race out of it or something fun.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I like this answer!

Anon at 3:29....I have heard people say this and its soooo true.....

galaxyblue

Answer by galaxyblue at 3:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have this problem too and I work full time so it is even harder. I have been trying to clean at least one room a day such as a bathroom or I do one hard chore a day such as a huge amount of laundry. Somedays I can get 2-3 things done. There are some things that I do everyday such as picking up the toys, sweeping, etc.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 4:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Hire a house cleaner!! If they are nice like me they will help you organzie to!!! :)
    dlmn40

Answer by dlmn40 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2009