Any one have some recipes to share.

Hubby and I are going to be on our own soon. And I haven't cooked that much. So I'm looking for some recipes that aren't too hard to make.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a new one that I just made last night that my kids and I loved:

1/2 lb ground turkey
    1 med onion chopped
    1 green pepper chopped
    1 can whole kernel corn
    8 oz rotini pasta
    1 8 oz can tomato sauce
    3/4 cup bbq sauce
    1 tbs chili powder
    1 tbs oregano
    1/2 tsp salt

Cook and drain pasta.Put about 1 tbs oil in skillet, add onion. Cook until onion softened. Add ground turkey, cook until no pink left. Add green pepper, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, salt, and bbq sauce. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add pasta and toss together.

This is really delicious. The only thing I will advice is to add less chili powder if you're not big on spicy food. It is a touch spicy. Also, to make it go quicker, I added the chili powder, oregano and salt to the bbq sauce in the measuring cup to make the additions quicker.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I like to cook myself. visit this website for cooking videos and recipes.www. suggiescookingforfun.com
    Anonymous

• Meatball lasagna is good, quick, and easy. Plus it freezes really well so you can have it again.
    Boil a box of lasagna noodles.
    Nuke a bag of frozen meatballs (just until they thaw out, about 5-10 min on defrost).

Layer the noodles, some spaghetti sauce, meatballs and cheese over and over until your 9 x 13 dish is full. Pour some more sauce over the top and sprinkle a little cheese on it, in the oven at 350 for 40 min (put tinfoil over it until the last ten minutes).

I can make this for 10 bucks if I get the stuff at Aldi's. Also, you can add chopped veggies if you want (mushrooms, onions, green peppers, sliced tomatos). You can really just mess around w/ it.
    My SIL makes one like this but uses pepperoni instead of meatballs.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Easy to make dinners--

spaghetti
    chicken pot pie -super easy
    chili pie
    potato soup
    chili

E mail me if you want any recipes! Happy cooking!!!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2009