• In the Spotlight:

why is it?

why is it that i try to do what i can for my family and nothing is ever good enough? yesterday my husband did nothing but bitch about this and that i got so fed up i started cryin. no one cared. today the kids come home from skool my son is acting like an ass right off the bat. then my daughter starts in about a cell phone and i tell her the one she wants is not feesible she tells me i don't know what i am talking about we get into a discussion and i end up being told i am a bad mother and never do any thing for them. what the hell what have i been spending the last seventeen years of my life doin then?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If they can't appritiate what you do for them thats there problem..i wouldn't say stop being who you are but start demanding the respect you deserve. If she can't find a compromise for a phone then its no phone. If they want to come home and be brats take away things that they love to do and make them help with things around the house. It'll be hard at first they'll rebel but stand firm and eventually they'll give in. As for you husband let him have a little couch time, he most of all should understand and try to help you out. He's a grown man and knows better. If he can't appritiate you then why would your kids? He's setting a really bad example. It time to put your foot down girl and let them know just had tough mom can be.
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i would take away the cell phone she has. if you're paying for it and she's not grateful for what she does have she doesnt need one. remind them that the law only states that your kids only need a mattress on the floor, a dresser and one extra pair of clothes. ...i'm not kidding. With your DH you might try the exact opposite. start telling him the things that he does that make you happy. "thanx so much for taking out the trash" or "i really appreciate you going to work everyday to provide for us as a family". ...whatever. but you have to stick with it! that's my suggestion. good luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• that would be great honey but hubby does nothing to help me around here including taking out the garbage and the cell phone is a phone she wants for her birthday but the plan is just not worth it and of course she knows better. i am just so tired of being hurt all the time from these people i have spent my life loving
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• eesh. sounds like my little brother, he told my mother she was a lazy bum when she told him she didn't have the money for a new xbox. he told her to get a second job, since she does nothing at her first one ( she works with special needs adults) He also told me I was a failure in life b/c I got pregnant before I was married, even though I was engaged at the time. I politely slapped him across the face.My mom told him if he wanted the xbox, he needed to get a job and see if he can afford it himself! then tell us we don't know what we're doing.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 3:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i just want to say i was getting ready to leave a response and stupid hubby took the computer away from me LOL anyways jodi.. thats when you ground her for saying that. your not a bad mom. a bad mom would consist of teaching her to type with no T's lol.

it sounds like you have two brats on your hands
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yea they are all is good as long as they are getting what they want as soon as i say no i am a bad mother and i should have never had kids. and my son just came out of his room and gave me the most evil look. god i cant take it anymore i swear. and now i have to leave and go get hubby and see what he's got for me today.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Believe me I know what you are going through. My fiance bitches too and lets not start about the kids espcially when they come from school. All my almost teenager does is talk about wanting a cell phone too. Then my son comes home and starts with the younger kids and then they start crying and my fiance comes from work and sits his ass and watches stupid soccer and then when the kids bother him he locks the damn door. Im at my wits end with it. And of course Im the worst mom in the world when I take their stuff when they dont listen. But all I do is go into a quiet section in my home and sit for 10 or so min and relax and then take care of everything.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 3:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• IF it was ME, I would show them the BAD mom!!! I would quit doing for them, when they ask for something, let them get it for themselves.. I would show them what a good mom they have. YOU are NOT a bad mom. Make them learn to appreciate YOU!! By doing that is making them miss YOU, (the good mom that YOU are)!!! Show them what they are calling you.. Then they will want the good mom back!! lol
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 4:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009