how do you get ried of crattle cap?

LoveMyKacie

Asked by LoveMyKacie at 3:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is really nothing that you can do to get it to go away but you can put baby oil on it and it will help it to not look so bad and it will get some of it to go away but my doc told me there is no way to get it to go away that it will do it on its own. good luck
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We were told to use head and shoulders shampoo, being sure to keep it out of her eyes and then to use a baby brush to kind of flake it away. Then use lotion or baby oil to keep the area moisturized.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well I have an AMAZING dr. for my son and right when he saw that he had cradle cap she perscribed some cream to rub on it and the next day it was GONE!!!!
    The stuff is called...
    HYDROCORTISONE!!!!
    It works great if you can get some from your dr.!!!
    Tarina92

Answer by Tarina92 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• As you can see, every mom has a trick. Which one is best? Which ever one you want to try that works for you.
    Here's my trick:
    Gently run a little oil in the area before her bath. I used olive oil.
    Wash her hair at the end of the bath, gently rubbing that area.
    After the bath, gently rub the area with a baby hairbrush to remove any loose flakes. You will not get it all off and trying to get it all will make it worse. Just remove any loose flakes.
    Repeat every night until gone.
    It took about 5 days for it to clear up in my daughter.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I used baby oil and a brush in the bathtub, then rinsed. It worked well.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I was told to brush my son's hair when he was in the bath and while I was shampooing his hair
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my sisters son had it really bad so after his bath we put a little baby oil in his hair and took a soft toothbrush and lightly brushed it off and made sure there was none left on him and it never came back
    ashlei_kay

Answer by ashlei_kay at 5:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son has it right now and I have been putting baby oil on it 5-10 mintues before his bath and then give them a bath and if you have a soft brush to use when you wash the hair. Bath every other day...this is what my doctor told me. It is getting better.
    DJMsmom

Answer by DJMsmom at 5:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• im not sure what you are asking but if you are asking how to get RID of CRADLE CAP, then use baby oil.
    Anonymous

• put a little baby oil on their scalp and use a baby comb to brush against the growth of hair not with it and it will help pull up flakes.....its not going to take it all away but after a few times it will! it worked wonders for me and my 2 sisters in law
    DaraMichelle

Answer by DaraMichelle at 7:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009