could it be teething?

could my dd be teething she has a fever of 102.7 i did not think it teething temps went that high? i have been giving her motrion for it and she seems to feel better when that is in her

shaynaj

Asked by shaynaj at 3:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• anyone plz
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 4:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Generally they don't get that high but I have seen posts from a couple of moms who DID have kids that did that.
    What's causing the fever doesn't really matter. Give her meds, use cool baths, and cool fluids to keep it below 102.5. Give her meds if she seems to be in pain. Take her to the doctor if she still has this type of fever 3 days from now.

Also, does she have her 8 front teeth? If so, then this MIGHT be the molars coming in. And never rule out the possiblity that a teething kid could get a cold too. Being miserable from one doesn't protect them from catching the other.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Last week my 20 month old started whining in his sleep. I felt of him and he was burning up. His fever was 102 +. I started him on childrens tylenol. It went back down, but was right back up the next morning. He was showing no other signs of pain or being sick. I took him to the doctor the next morning. He had a sinus infection / cold. When they gave him a shot and he started crying, his nose started running and had blood in it. This was the first sign of cold other than the fever. After crying it was like the flood gates opened -- He had a runny / stuffy nose for about 5 days. He is better, but still taking meds.
    Jordansmoma111

Answer by Jordansmoma111 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009