Pinterest...what is the point of it?

I can't seem to figure out this pinterest website. Anyone else use it and what is the purpose.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2012 in Technology

• Click on the picture and it will direct you to the recipe.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• It's just for fun or to get ideas for what kind of meal, crafts, etc to make.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• I joined recently...I'm not as into it as some people are but it is fun to share things...for me I especially like getting recipe ideas from other people.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• I am with you, I don't get it - just a bunch of pictures and they seem to post pretty much the same thing.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• It's a ton of different websites, so I'm assuming it's a marketing ploy, to get people to explore different websites, and possible purchase some of the items they see. I like it, I've gotten some great ideas for different colors to paint our bedrooms.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• No problem. I wondered the same. :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• LOL! Don't feel bad because I felt stupid looking at it and not know what the heck I was looking at or what it was for.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• They have some awesome looking food on their, but where the heck are the recipes? It's just pictures of food and crafts, etc? lol.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• Ohhhhh, I see now. ROTFL. I feel really stupid right now. Thanks Simplicity3.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2012

• LOL JayRoo, I signed up for it awhile back and never got back on...I checked my email today and realized I had tons of notifications that people are "following me" on it. I couldn't figure out why they were following me of all people! LOL!!!
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2012