is there something wrong with?

So i see that from time to time someone asks a question about food stamps and they usually get some nasty comments back.
is there something wrong with being on food stamps? I mean if you need the help shouldnt it be ok to get the help? We all work we all pay our taxes and with the economy right now lots of people are going to need a little extra help.
I dont understand why others who dont need the help have to be so negative twds those who do.
What are you better then them becuz you dont need help? I just dont get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no people are just bitter
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't either. Some of them must have never been in a hard place before. I have been and am not afraid or ashamed to say so. I used food stamps, wic, and any other thing that I qualified for when I needed help. Isn't that why I pay my taxes when I am working??? Yep believe so. So long as you aren't taking advantage, there isn't a problem. Or at least that is me.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No there's nothing wrong with it. Our taxes goes toward a lot of stupid things so IMO if your on foodstamps your just getting some back of what your paying for anyway...
    Anonymous

• there's nothing wrong with it, I get food stamps as well as WIC it's something we pay in for through taxes, and if we're having problems affording necessities, why shouldn't we use it?
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 4:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• nothing wrong as long as it is actually needed....too much fraud is the problem and too many people using and abusing it.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I used to work in a grocery store and some people would buy a lot of junk food and soda and/or things like the best steaks and I have heard a lot of people believe that everyone on food stamps abuses them like that. I personally know that is not true- when I needed assistance I got just enough food stamps to eat a lot of Ramen noodles and fish sticks! Also IMO those who know they are a couple of paychecks from needing help or a reduction in hours from qualifying are usually the most judgmental!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My husband is from England, they help thier own and no one judges you for it. I think the American people could learn something from them...
    I have been on assistance before,when I was a single Mom, and was so embarassed, I never told anyone, not even my kids...We're very fortunate now to have what we need . The only thing that bothers me is when people take advantage of it and don't try to do better for themselves and thier children. You can work and get help at the same time... My sister is and I'm very proud of her,she works, very hard, the problem is she has an ex that's 25,000.00 + behind in child support, so there's the reason she has to have help...
    So before you criticize someone remember everyone has a different circumstance.....
    We all share the same struggle, work, kids, money, life, just in a different way.....
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 4:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Agree with previous poster- similar to the homophobic dudes are usually closeted gays... I had WIC for about a year and it really saved our butts at the time. I think that program should be expanded and improved upon, and that more word should get out about it, because not everyone who qualifies uses it, sometimes cuz they are afraid of *the looks* they might get. My experience was mostly positive...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think those are the ppl are nieve and shallow minded..they are ignorant to judge others, when they haven't been in someone elses shoes.Pure ignorance.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i think i rather give them the money then letting it go to some crap that isn't needed for are country.
    and the goverment likes to spend money and i think they spend it on there wifes cause they have to make sure they buy 3,000 dollar flippin shoes which it could be used for something in good use.. I need a buttcheek lift only if i had some goverment hubby..
    Anonymous