when did you started to use swing?

How old was you baby ?
and did you let him/her sleep in it?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• newborn. And yes, I let both babies sleep in the swing, sometimes that was the only time they did sleep.
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We got one at about 4 weeks. She had colic and we were desperate for even 2 hours of sleep. I would have gladly let her sleep in it - but she never did. Sigh.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had a slow setting on my swing though, I know some swing pretty hard.
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I started around 1 month I think, and hardly used it at all by 4 1/2 or 5 months. I turned it off if they went to sleep, and I only let them stay in it for naps - not at night. I was afraid of over-using it; it just doesn't seem like it would be good to leave them in it too much, especially if it's swinging fast. On the other hand, my cousin had a collicky baby, and she used the swing all night long, and her baby is fine.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yupp newborn, when he was arounf 6 months he slept in it for 2 weeks
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• as soon as i brought him home i had my son in his swing it was his favorite place to be and yes i let him sleep in it at times more so during the day when i needed to get things done it soothed him. Plus he was colicy and it helped then to.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• we had one since our daughter was born. didnt use it until she was almost 3 months old. she liked it for a couple minutes. but when she wanted to sleep she wanted to lay in her bed. she ouldnt sleep when you rock her, much less on a swing ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I got mine when my son was about six weeks old and have used it ever since I love that thing he may not always sleep in it but he does settle down
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• AS SOON AS WE GOT HOME LOL NOW THATS THE ONLY PLACE HE SLEEPS THOUGH,SO WE MOVED OUR MATTRESS TO THE LIVING ROOM AND WE ALL CAMP OUT THERE LOL
    Alysha08

Answer by Alysha08 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• The day we came home and yes he slept in it sometimes but we didnt make it a habit!
    LoganNJaidensMa

Answer by LoganNJaidensMa at 9:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009