This is a serious question.........please be nice.

Okay so me and my 4 month old's father just broke it off a few weeks ago. I was long over him before we were over just so you know. For about 4 years now I have had this friend, and we have always had a thing for eachother. We are now "together" as of yesterday. He wants to have a baby right away, he is almost 30. I wouldn't mind being with him for the rest of my life, would it be stupid of me to do it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I would give it more time sometimes the best of friends don't work out, He still has time. I would wait.
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes it would be. Don't do it. If he wants a child he should be willing to make a life long committment with you, and being with him for a day does not make a long committment. A child becomes a teenager and an adult, and the child should have the blessing of a stable home.

Answer by Bmat at 4:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's really about wheather your ready for another child or not. If you are go for it and just hope for the best..if not you might want to wait until your sure he feels the same way.
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would personally give yourself some more time. You might not be 100% sure that this is the guy for you. Don't rush into it. Let things go slowly, and just see where it takes you guys. Make sure he is sharing the same feelings you are, and that you guys are on the same page together. You don't want to make a mistake (not talking about a baby here, lol) It's better to be safe than sorry. Give yourself time to truly heal, and see where things go.
    Anonymous

• I agree on waiting. Plus your baby is four months old, Take it from me it is exhausting hard and your body will never fully recover if you have kids back to back. Babies are always worth it in the end but you run the risk of screwing up your body having them so close. (Mine are 3, 2 and 8 mos.) It is absolutely horrible being pregnant with a toddler/ baby. And on the off chance that you didnt work out together you would be left doing it alone. Having another child right away also doesnt give you time to focus on your daughter and she should be your main priortity right now. And if you had a new baby you wouldnt be able to focus solely on her either. Having a new baby right now isnt what is physically, mentally or emotionally what is best for you or your daughter. Explain this to him and if he truely loves you he will wait. Remember... its "nine months up, and nine months down!"
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Id wait, perhaps, until he prosposed and get married. Like the other posters said if things didng workout you will be left by yourself taking care of two babies. Hell no, that is a hard job.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would wait, personally but do as you wish.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'll put it this way. Don't go opening up doors that hasn't yet been closed.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 4:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would say wait until your head and your heart says it's the right time. The fact that you are asking about what to do tells me you aren't ready. When you are ready, you will have no questions or doubts.

LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 5:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would wait. You have to decide whats best for u and your child.

Stafny

Answer by Stafny at 5:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009