• In the Spotlight:

What Do I Do?

My boyfriend and i have been together for 3 years and we have a 6 month old daughter. He met this girl and he has been talking to her behind my back. He likes her and i think she likes him too. She is 2 years younger than us. I told him that i am going to move out but he doesn't want me to. I told him to choose between me or the other girl. He said he chooses me but i keep catching him with her. What should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Cmon, this question isn't hard at all. You can answer it for your self.
    First off never allow a man to make that decision of choosing. He's going to choose you in your face and choose her in her face. It makes no sense. Second of all your a woman with HIS child therefore you come 2nd to no other chick out there.
    Third get yourself up and move on. Baby or no baby a man will only do what you allow him to do. Allowing him to see other women behind your back is total disrespect and that is not what you want to teach your child. Especially a daughter. Move on from this relationship because if you don't you will only be hurting yourself in the end.

Take care of yourself and hopefully things will start looking up.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 4:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You should start preparing for a change in your life. Get job training if you don't have some already, make sure you have money in an account in your own name. Your boyfriend may be attracted to the other lady and may not stick around. I hope that things work out for you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• that is definitely a tough one. if it were me, i would leave. you dont necessaarily need to leave him, you just need to let him know that you are serious. the next time you catch him I would personally get a bag together for me and my baby and go stay somewhere else for a couple of days. this way he can actually see that you are serious and that his actions are unacceptable. if he keeps getting away with it without any repercussions hes going to keep doing it. you need to stand up for yourself
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I confronted the girl but she doesn't care that she is coming between us. She doesn't respect our relationship and our family. I have no money, I am a full time mom and i have no one to take care of my daughter. I dont have a car i depend on my boyfriend for a lot. He says she is just a "friend" but i know its more than that. i want to leave but i love him. I don't have friends to turn to. If i leave him i have nothing.
    Anonymous

• I left..... he begged me to come back. He gave me access to all his access with her so I could check (so that i could trust him). He hasnt talked to her since. Force him to make a choice, he will trust me. But be prepared because it might not be you.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You deserve better than that. Leave and if he loves you he will choose you. Then you will really know the truth.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• He's probably counting on the fact that you can't make it without him so he thinks he can have his cake and eat it, too. He needs a rude awakening. Unfortunately, if he is the type of man to "cheat" once, he'll do it again. You and your child deserve better than that, and he deserves to be tossed out with the rest of the garbage.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 4:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thank you for all your help. All of your answers were very helpful. Its time for me to leave his sorry ass. I deserve better.
    Anonymous