Small Fontanel (Soft Spot)

My daughter is days from being 2 months old and her fontanel is about .5 cent x .5 cent. I know this is small (average is 2.1 x 2 cent)but the doctor hasn't really told me much except, "we'll watch it for a couple more weeks" and I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this? If so, how did your story play out?

Note: thus far she is not showing signs of any developmental issues

Katrinka_Renee

Asked by Katrinka_Renee at 4:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi my daughter is 1yrs old ,and when she was 2-3months old her doc , 1st noticed that her soft spot was hardly there and made me take her for a bunch of tests, and then she told me that it was closed . Well all the tests came back negative and i found her a new doctor and got her advice she said that it was NOT AT ALL closed , it's just not as big as other babies , and i had nothing to worry about , my daughters head is fine ! So with all that said just maybe try to get another doctors advice , not all doctors know what there talking about !!!! GOOD LUCK .......
    bmsoraghan

Answer by bmsoraghan at 9:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• hm, sounds like estranged pediatrician syndrome.....

ask the doc what troubles you could face if it turns to the worst.
    stillfatmama

Answer by stillfatmama at 7:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009