36 weeks

2 CM dialated and 50 % effaced???

Coralee42

Asked by Coralee42 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Um I would say be prepared. I went in to labor at 36 weeks and was 50% effaced. I was not dialted at all. A lot of women walk around for weeks while being 50% effaced and dialted and some just just go in to labor quickly at this point. I am not saying it's happening quote yet but it very well could be. I was 50% effaced at 35 weeks and went in to labor a week later. Just wait for the contractions or your water to break. My water was the first to go...and boy did it go and go and go.....so just be ready just in case! Good luck!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• unfortunately that doesnt mean much! i was 4 cm dialated and 80% effaced from the time i was at 35 weeks. I still had to be induced! it all depends on your body, but people walk around dialated for months without giving labor yet
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• doesn't mean much. but you are at the end of the road hehe.. just wait it out. you'll go into labor eventually.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Ya still have another 4-6 weeks of a healthy pregnancy.
    Due dates are not an eviction date or an end date. They are nothing more than a guess.
    CTMomma1211

Answer by CTMomma1211 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009