quick question?

Ok last time i went to dentist for a chipped tooth they told me I had a molar that was infected. Well for some reason they didn't do anything for it. Well now its been two weeks and the tooth chipped almost in half and is hurting incredible bad. I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and breastfeed so i can take a lot for the pain. So have dentist appt tomorrow and was wondering can a regular dentist pull my tooth if its a molar or would i need to go to a oral surgeon? Sorry hope that made since am going of 2 hours sleep between the pain keeping me up and feeding the baby haven't been getting much sleep at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• I am so sorry that you are in so much misery. I have a small bite and an oral surgeon needs to deal with my teeth, but a dentist pulled my mother's. Good luck! Maybe the tooth can be saved? or is it one that it's fine to get rid of?

Answer by Bmat at 4:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It depends on the tooth and your mouth. I need all 4 of mine out and a regular dentist told me he could remove 3 of the 4. He said an oral surgeon would have to do the 4th because it's right next to an artery or something like that.
    ilovemyjoes

Answer by ilovemyjoes at 4:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• as far as i know your regular dentist should be able to pull it. however, if you have to go to an oral surgeon, they can get you in right away almost always! i know I went to the dentist for a problem with my wisdom teeth, and they sent me straight over to an oral surgeon and did everything they had to do that day. explain to him your pain level and everything, that way you make sure your getting it done right away
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• a reg. dentist should be able to do the trick. we had no medical coverage for years, but DH has bad teeth genes, and when they crack, or turn for the worst for whatever reason,. a dentist has always been able to remove them molars, however, the last one he had to break apart to get out, so you might want to try and get some extra milk bottled before the appt so you could afford to take a little pain killer...
    stillfatmama

Answer by stillfatmama at 7:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2009