weak in the legs

Sometimes when i pick up my son (2 yrs old) or even my 6 month old out of the car when they are sleeping my legs feel so weak, like they are going to give in. I carry my 6 month old all day and I walk quite a bit too, so I'm not too out of shape. But now I'm on my period and I almost had to sit down! Am I laking any vitamins or do I just need to work out more?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• i dont think you need to work out more. are you getting enough water? you may be a bit dehydrated. i would say that is something you shoud talk to your doctor about, they can do blood tests ad check your iron levels and such.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes, check with your doctor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If you do this only when you are on your period I would relate it to the loss of blood causing muscle fatige....if you do it all the time, then I would talk to my Dr about it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Talk to your doctor. Then you won't need to wonder about it.

Answer by Bmat at 5:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Sounds like you're probably a bit anemic. I love all of these "Talk to your doctor" responses. LOL

Anemia can make your legs weaker, especially when you're on your period and losing some blood. I'd try some Floradix, Alfalfa...you can also try Black Strap Molasses ( high in iron ) or you can get a Tri-Iron formula from www.inhishands.com
    Birthkeeper

Answer by Birthkeeper at 5:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• thanks... I have a thing to take an iron test anyways... so I guess I will find out then :) I'll also start eating more food high in iron.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009