• In the Spotlight:

so i cant go to the dentist while pregnant?

so i can just go ahead and put orajel on my aching cavity???

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Depending on what week you are, you can still go and have work done. Some dentists won't do work on pregnant women past a certain week. If it hurts that bad, go ahead and call and ask what you should do :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Did your OB say you can't go?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• you can go to the dentist, you just cant get an x-ray, i went at 7 months
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• who told you that you cant go to the dentist? you can go just make sure your dentist knows your pregnant. its importent to see your dentist while pregnant.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• umm.. u even HAVE TO go to the dentist when you are pregnant.

its very common that because of all the hormons your gum gets really weak. Thats what happened to me too and i lost a filling on one of my front teeth.

very many moms-to-be have a problems with their teeth when pregnant and every dentist recommends to get checked every few weeks when pregnant. my mom even lost a few teeth when she was pregnant. She had to get some really expensive fake ones ;))... so yeah, you def. should go to your dentist, specially when you are in pain.

they wont do x-rays and you wont get a shot. but there are shots for pregnant women also... i got some of those.. because i cant stand pain. ;)

good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• your SUPPOSED to go to the dentist when your pregnant. if you dont you can get an infection in that tooth and put yours and your babys health at risk, call the dentist and go ASAP
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• thats not true. . i just had a wisdom tooth pulled during the beginning of my third trimester. . The dentist said he prefers to do it during the second trimester but since i was in pain he would do it. . The only difference is that he gave me a special kind of novacane and you can only take tylenol for pain. . .Just dont let them do exrays.
    mandar

Answer by mandar at 5:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• okay just wondering thats why i put a "?" lol..i had forgotten if i could go or not..
    thanks =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I went to the dentist at 31 weeks. They covered my belly with 4 of the cover things and took x rays. I did ask my OB and they said it was fine.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes you can go to the dentist. I had a root canal done when I was 9 wks. The only thing is no xrays and they have to use a different type of medication to numb you up. Watch how much orajel or anbelsol you use. I was told by the local pharmacy here that that is not that good while pregnant. How true that is I don't know.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009