strech marks

ok so recently had a baby and i have strech marks galore....i have never been self contious in my life and now do i not want any one to look at me i dont want to look at myself...yesterday i just looked at myself in the mirror when i got out of the shower and broke down into tears...what do you think is the best way to get rid of or atleast extremely lighten them???...please help....

ashlei_kay

Asked by ashlei_kay at 4:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Time Time Time and they will fade. The only way to get rid of them is surgery :(
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Time will fade them--I have also found that living in the sunshine state that the sun helps to fade them as well--by no means am I promoting sitting in the sun--b/c I don't believe that that is the answer by setting yourself up for skin cancer. Time!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• oh hoey im in the same exactly way,i cry,i dont want my hubby to look at me ,people look at me,not even myself...its so hard
    surgery is da best way to get ride of it but unfortunatlly is way too expensive...
    good luck
    tigernina

Answer by tigernina at 6:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Not promoting this in any way shape or form but a tanning bed helps fade them...
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have alot too. I have no idea how you get rid of them. I guess a tummy tuck would be the only choice.
    MomnVa

Answer by MomnVa at 8:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's okay sweetie, don't cry. Think of them as gray hair. Not a sign of age or ugliness, but signs of your struggles to beautify the world and the lengths you had to go through to do it.
    I felt self-conscious about mine for many years and hid in shame from my husband. One day he told me how beautiful I was and how proud he was of the stretch marks because they remind him of the lives we created together and of my utmost love for him to carry our children so lovingly into the world that I would sacrifice my body for it. He told me he loves me just the way I am.
    Please don't be ashamed of yours. {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Mine after a few months, faded to a silver color you can't really unless your in a certain light and such. I used Palmers Brand, Stretch mark lotion and that work wonderfully. I have also hears for bad ones, to use some Olive oil. Never tried it, as mine went away on their own, but it may work.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i had alot of stretch marks after giving birth to my son and i tried everything and the only thing thats working for me is called bio oil which is available in pharmacy stores like cvs and walgreens. you use it for a minimum of 3 months. im currently using it and see a difference... good luck
    gsoto1031

Answer by gsoto1031 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009