6 year old with stomach aches..... HELP!!!

My 6 year old has been complaining about having a stomach ache off and on for a few weeks. She doesn't throw up, she just says her stomach hurts. she is in kindergarten and she loved it at first and then her student teacher left and she hasn't been the same since. She also has a 5 month old baby sister and my hubby travels for work. My hubby left yesturday and she was curled up on the couch at my moms house crying (not like her, she loves it there) last night. She slept with me last night and she woke me up a couple times with her belly hurting and asking if she had to go to school. She said she is scared she will cry at school because of her belly and doesn't want kids looking at her. She has a doctors appt. next week because she has also been complaining of headaches since the Summer. I am so worried about her. She has days where she says she wants to stay home with me, which is not like her. She has always loved being away from home. She is a big people person. Could there be something medically wrong or is it the stress of school, baby, daddy being gone???? I don't know how to help her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2012 in General Parenting

• I took my 6 year to the doctor for many of those same reasons as you described. Several tests revealed nothing. There only suggestion was to be sure he was having daily bowel movements, and they gave me a script for a medicine that will help him with that.
    Hopefully you find the answer soon and your little girl gets back to being happy and healthy.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2012

• Is she being bullied at school? I would keep the appointment, but it really sounds like she's had one (or more) too many changes in a short period. Her favorite teacher left, her Daddy left her AND there's an interloper demanding Mom's attention. If I were her I'd be feeling SUPER insecure as well.

My husband and I are trying for #3 and my almost 5 year old has expressed more than once, with a few questions from us, that she's afraid the new baby will take all our time and attention and she'll be ignored/overlooked.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2012