feeding question (7 month)

When you feed your baby the baby food do you give them the whole bottle with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 6 months and he eats 2 jars of baby food and a 4 oz bottle when he eats
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 7 months and no generally she won't eat much of a bottle when we give her food. We usually offer 4 ounces with food and she doesn't even eat that. But, if she would drink a whole bottle, we would let her! Hope that helps!
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'd wait about 1/2 hr and then do the bottle (unless he/she won't wait) and then go ahead & give the whole bottle. Until they are off the formula/breastmilk, it is the main source of nutrition and you are introducing foods for textures, tastes, practice. They will stop when they are full.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We do do half a jar of food, then I give her the whole amount that she would normally drink--she will drink what she wants--then I give the rest of the milk before her nap. We do this 3-4 times a day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• you should start with the bottle first and then offer the solids/baby food.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• At 6 months, we started some table foods. When they did take baby food, they were taking two jars of stage2 and 8oz of formula in a sippy cup. Their cup was on the tray so they could drink when they wanted (just like adults have drinks with meals). They usually drained it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• As a FT breastfeeder, I can only offer some advice. From what I understand, you should offer the formula as usual, then solids after.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i do juice with meals in a training sippy cup......wake up breakfastbottle 1st then cereal ..2 hours later bottle 2 more hours lunch 2 more hours bottle 2 more hours dinner 2 more hours bottle 2 more hours bedtime with bottle.. this is the schedule my pedi gave me!!!
    Anonymous