fast food healthy eating?

Is there such a thing? Is a chicken sandwich with no mayo okay? What else besides salads?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think there are healthier alternatives...I remember watching on the Today show that a bowl of chili from Wendy's has more nutritional value and fewer calories than those salads with crispy chicken and bacon..

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• There's a book called "Eat This, Not That" that gives you tips on how to dine at your favorite fast food restaurants when you're watching your waist line. I've seen it at Borders, Barnes & Nobles, and online.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's very difficult to avoid fast food meals when you're a busy mom shuttling kids all over the place and don't have time for much else. I would suggest going to the restaurant websites and looking at the nutrition information for their menu. Make a list of a few things at each place you're likely to go and you'll be able to make a healthy choice. You're correct about the crispy chicken, bacon, and most dressings making the salads very high in fat and calories. If you choose the grilled chicken and the low cal./fat dressing, you are better off with the salad than most of the bread/buns you'll find at fast food places.

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 6:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009