Why is it that in this country...

Where abrahamic religions have the most say currently in our laws and legislation does the catholic church cry for more and more things to go their way? Or do they get upset when they loose some of that control?

NOTE BEFORE ANY ONE GETS THEIR PANTIES IN A WAD!!! This is not an attack on catholics but a serious question I have been thinking about and trying to figure out. Most of our current laws are formed around abrhamic religions however that does not seem to be enough. Funny thing is those laws being centered around those religions is unconstitutional to begin with. Then on top of that when changes are attempted to be made to correct this injustice they are the biggest ones up in arms screaming about how unfair it is. I just don't get it.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2012 in Religious Debate

• "and the taxing of citizens for things non-majority" I should've worded that better.

"That's why we are a republic instead of a democracy." Yes, our Respresentatives speak for us. They are supposed to do what they feel the people want.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• our Respresentatives speak for us. They are supposed to do what they feel the people want.

And by design, they are not given sole authority. The Executive and Judiciary are there to keep them from riding roughshod over the minorities.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• HHx5 I have a blog that sites some places to go as well as explains what I mean better if you are interested. The only references to the ten commandments besides obviously the whole steal, murder, etc laws we have are biased info from religious propaganda sites and only their personal opinion with no founding. However there are several quotes from the founding fathers condemning organized religion as well as ones promoting religion to stay out of our laws and government. Unfortunately because some of our laws resemble the commandments to many assume that means that is where they were built from. However if one steps back and logically looks at it they will see that if that were true lying, blasphemy, adultery, premarital sex, etc would be illegal as well. They would not place only some in if that was their intended goal they were much smarter than that.

hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• http://christo-witchhot-mama86.blogspot.com/2010/08/america-christian-nation.html

http://christo-witchhot-mama86.blogspot.com/2010/09/paganism-and-influences-in-building-of.html
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• I found this on the subject of the constitution being modeled after native American indians: http://www.usconstitution.net/constfaq_q103.html

So far all I have found on my opinion is this: http://www.usconstitution.net/constfaq_q51.html. I know there aren't bible verses in the constitutiion but I'm not done. I've got a fussy baby so I'll have to come back to this. Carry on.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• Is it really only the CC, or is it that the CC is the the most unified and centrally governed of the Christian denominations, so they are heard most loudly and clearly? I think there are many Christians (particularly) who become upset when laws change to reflect a more fair society. Things like abortion, gay-marriage, etc go against Christian values, it's difficult for Christians to understand that not everyone follows their beliefs.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• Holy shit, I cannot take the crazy shit going unchecked anymore. Our government is based on the Roman Republic, mainly. It was not in any way modeled after Native American anything. Where the hell do you come up with this garbage? Dictatorship? Where was there a dictatorship? A monarchy yes, dictatorship, not hardly.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• And you use your blog as proof? Lolthat's rich, crazy, but rich.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• And the founding fathers were not even a gleam in anyone's eye when this country was settled. You seem to have lost over 100 years in the story telling
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2012

• Is it really only the CC, or is it that the CC is the the most unified and centrally governed of the Christian denominations, so they are heard most loudly and clearly?

Well of course it isn't just them. Others get upset as well. However the CC is the one that complains the most about these things publicly. Other churches have the same resources and ability to make as much noise as the CC. The Mormon church for instance is way more than able to throw as much of a stink as the CC does they just choose not to be as loud and public about it. They also pick and choose what they fight they do not fight every little thing.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2012