Pain!!!

I keep getting really sharp pains in the right side of my stomach that go into my back is that normal? there really painful but only last a moment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you pregnant? because that makes a big difference. if you are pregnant, its probably your muscles stretching, if youre not it could be something else
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• im assuming your pregnant since you posted this in the pregnancy section. So yes if you are then it could just be stretching muscles and ligaments.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• sorry yes i am pregnant and 23weeks along
    Anonymous

• I would ask your DR about it at ur next appointment I had that and it turned out that I had pre-eclempcia!!! sorry for the spelling it wasn't in the spell check!!!

scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Like some other posters have said, I believe it could be round liagament pain (from baby growing and stretching the uterus) or possible pre-eclampsia. At least give your doc a heads up. I hope you feel better!
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 5:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i would go to the hospital and have it checked out i just had the same thing happen to be and it turned out to be a kidney infection and had to stay there over night too get iv meds for it
    Anonymous