Glucose Test

I just had the three hour test this morning. I'm completely freaking out because I was having a healthy pregnancy, and the idea of gestational diabetes makes my heart sink. Did anyone go through a similar situation/reaction?

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 5:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to have the three hour test as well. Mine came back as normal. When will you get your results?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Everyone has to have the Glucose testing when they are pregnant. It is normal. I personally think the testing should be done a hell of a lot earlier than 29 weeks, but that is just my opinion. Just eat healthy for you and your baby!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 5:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Is this the first test? Did you do the 1 hour test and that came back positive?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Every one has to have the glucose testing but not every one has to have the three hour glucose testing. They only do that if your first test came back as abnormal.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• dont worry if your sugar isnt bad they will try and control it with diet before they put you on medication
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes, I had the 1 hour glucose test on Tuesday. They called me yesterday (Wednesday) to tell me that my sugar was "elevated." Hence, I had to get the 3 hour test today. I assume I'll get the results at my next doctor's appointment, next week.

What's frightening for me is that I DO eat healthy and exercise regularly. In fact, I adopted a diabetic's diet a couple of months ago at my doctor's suggestion. How can my sugar spike when I'm following all the rules?
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009