im confused in 22 weeks pergnant in due november 16 my last period was feb 18 so why is my due date november 16 it was november 23 but when i went to find out the sex of the baby he said i was a week farther tham he thought. so is it possible to get pregnant befor your period. the period before that was jan 20 so the due date would be october something. so when did i get pregnant when u usually ovulate 14 days after your preriod? is it possible to get pregnant even after your ovulation cycle

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The due date always changes according to the size of the baby. Mine changed during my pregnancy from mid-April to the beginning of May, to the end of May, and then on June 9th. My daughter was actually born on the 20th of May. It's just an estimation doctors give you.
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 1:06 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Wow I read that funny but I think I got the gist...
    When I got pregnant, it was the begining of last july (personally I have the exact day pegged for the festive 4th) and where as my usual period came on the 25th, that month I had moderate bleeding on the 16th and 17th then nothing. I waited for the 25th hoping I'd get my normal period but when I didn't, I took a test and found out.

Also, it's common for moms and doctors to be a week or couple weeks off in the begining if they aren't sure of the exact date of conception. Once you get farther along, the way you belly measures and the size the baby measures is more accurate in pinpointing gestational age.
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 3:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My last period was on January 1st, and they put me at October 7th, but they usually end up changing it if they baby grows bigger or isnt as big as they expected it to be at any certain appointment. I know they changed mine at some point, by like 2 days or something, so its definately not an exact science at all. It will just depend on when your baby thinks its time to make an appearance!
    hem0036

Answer by hem0036 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2008